Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ready or not...here it comes...or should i say HERE I COME!

Hey everyone! Well ready or not here it comes! In seven days exactly i will be on my way to Ahoghill, Northern Ireland to be working at a community center called the Washbasin! I am so excited to see what God has in store! If there is one thing that i have learned throughout this preparation time is that GOD IS FAITHFUL! Every time i doubted that this is what was supposed to happen this summer God would do something to remind me that HE WAS IN CONTROL and that he knew what he was doing! It is not normal--only SUPERNATURAL--for me to have a friend at college hand me a letter during finals week that contained ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS...you can ask my roommates and friends--almost EVERY day there would be someone where a shirt that had Ireland on it, an add on the computer could say "want to travel to IRELAND" or i would go to Barnes and Noble and the first book that i would see would be one about IRELAND! you might think that i am reading into things a little...but i do not think that there are ANY accidents...i know that because of my stubborn/strong willed attitude and ADD personality God has to CONSTANTLY put stuff in my path that will keep me focused on the plan that he has for my life!
Even knowing all of this...with seven days until i leave i can feel those uncertainties and fears of the unknown creeping in...i am so extremely EXCITED, but nervous, anxious...also, i am going by myself, what is that going to be like? am i going to work well with the other 4 interns that are already there? how am i going to adjust to the culture?
i know that this uncertainty is the enemy trying to get into my head and plant seeds of doubt BUT i believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will not leave me now...this is a step of Faith and God has done nothing in my past to prove that he is NOT faithful! He has something in store for me...i know it....and i can't wait to see what it is! And keep you guys updated on it!
My goal to write what i am doing every week...but please forgive me if it doesn't happen that way! I will do my best to write as much as possible, posting what is going on, prayer requests, and praises of what God is doing! Thanks guys for all the love and support you have given me thus far! I hope all is well with you all and that God is working in Mighty ways in your life! (he is good at that) I pray that your eyes and mine will be opened to see how our God is working both here in the states and in Europe!
A little reminder to us all from Ephesians 6
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,


Thanks Again! Love you All! Next post will hopefully be from NORTHERN IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..
U
IN HIS GRIP,
megan frew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan!!! I am so excited to hear about the wonderful ways God is going to use you/teach you things while you are in Ireland! I am so happy that we have gotten a chance this semester to get to know each other and I pray that the Lord will reveal himself to you in powerful ways. Go PRAISE GOD through serving! love ya! Christina Grace